Analyzing The Minute Changes In 2019 Kia Niro
The marketplace for both Hyundai and Kia may be very different
from each other, both these companies from South Korea share
their underpinnings with each other like good sister concerns.
Therefore, it comes as no surprise to us that the latest
offering from Kia, its 2019 Kia Biro EV has a very similar
design as that of Hyundai’s Loniq Hybrid.
With Kia Niro EV, the company is making its foray into the
electric car segment. The designing, styling and even the
platform and powertrain of Niro EV seems very similar to that
of Kia Niro Hybrid. Hence, there should not be many surprises
in this car for the buyers. However, this does not mean that
Kia Niro EV would be a disappointment. In Fact, if the test
reviews are to be believed, one should have high expectations
and hopes from this new wagon.
Let’s briefly review the various aspects and changes in the
2019 Kia Niro EV
Let’s begin the discussion with the exteriors of the
- The front fascia of the car has been completely revised.
- You can also expect a new front grill in the car.
- The fascia of the rear end of the car is expected to become
a little lower. At the same time there are going to be some new
badges attached to the rear of the car.
- The fog lights, which till now were present on the front of
the car, will now be moved to the flanks.
- The side profile will not be getting any changes and hence
remain absolutely the same.
- The company is making all efforts possible to lower the
weight of the car so as to offer a smoother drive and better
The above discussion does show that not much would be changed
in the car in terms of its looks. But this common for all the
companies that have launched an electric version of their
existing models. No company likes to make too many changes to
the looks of the car in its electric version. Hence, the little
changes in the looks of the new 2019 Kia Niro EV were something
that we had all expected.
Next let’s move on to the interiors of the
- Pretty much like the exteriors of the car, not too many
changes have been made to the interiors of the car as well.
Hence, you can expect the interiors to remain pretty much the
same as before.
- The technology present in the car will definitely get
upgraded, and one of the first things that will be revised in
this regard will be the infortainment system.
- In a bid to offer better technology to the customers, the
company is planning to introduce the All digital instrument
cluster in the car, which would available on all the models of
this electric wagon.
- There will no longer be any need for the gear shifter.
We were already pretty satisfied with the interiors of all the
Niro’s that were present on the road and the company was
selling previously, and therefore, the fact that hardly any
changes have been made to the interiors of the car, is
something that has not disappointed me. However, if you did not
like the interiors of the existing Niro, then you may be a
little disappointed with the interiors of the 2019 Kia Niro EV,
since they are basically a carbon copy of the other Niros.
Finally, let’s check out the Drivetrain.
The platform and the powertrain of the vehicle are also going
to be similar to the ones that are present in the current Niro.
Some of the highlight points of the drivetrain in 2019 Kia Niro
EV are as follows:
- You can hope for an AWD, which can come with either 2 or 4
- While it is not confirmed, but there are rumors, that front
wheel drive may be available in this car.
- The maximum horsepower that you can expect from this car
would range from 140 to 200 HP.
- If the vehicle is available with 4 motor engine, then it
would be possible to distribute torque on demand.
- Depending on the battery size, the range of the car will
vary from somewhere around 150 miles to about 310 miles.
- Once the battery has been charged in full, the car would
provide you with a run time of under 6 hours.
2019 Kia Niro EV Price and Release Date :
The production for this hybrid version of Niro has already
started, and therefore one can expect the car to hit the
markets by the end of 2018.
While its counterpart, Hyundai Loniq Electric is available at a
price of $30000, there is no indication of the price of Niro
EV. However, we do expect the price of this car to be around
this range only.
2019 Kia Niro EV Photo Gallery :
kia niro 2019